urposes, I also worry about the floor on | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
qq Sep 12
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Pittsburgh Steelers fast start created big expectations. Cheap Blazers Jerseys .A midseason swoon put all those hopes in jeopardy.Now, with two straight double-digit wins, the Steelers find themselves with momentum as they try to charge back into the playoff hunt.We know its time for us to roll our sleeves up and show our identity, put our will on display, and find a way to do what we desire to do, receiver Antonio Brown said after catching three touchdown passes in Thursday nights 28-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.What theyve been doing is dominating.Following Sundays 15-point victory at Cleveland, all the Steelers did was score touchdowns on their first three possessions, come up with two goal-line stands on defense and extend their winning streak over the Colts to four straight -- the last three by a combined score of 124-51.Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger didnt have to throw much but was efficient when he did, finishing 14 of 20 for 221 yards with three TD passes. Brown only had five receptions for 91 yards, but the two he had in the first half broke open the game and the final one, with 5:30 to play, sealed the win. LeVeon Bell ran 23 times for 120 yards and another score.The defense picked off two passes and had three more sacks, giving the Steelers 11 in the last eight quarter.Thats Pittsburgh football -- and the timing couldnt be better.Good win for us on a short week on the road, coach Mike Tomlin said. We dont take it for granted, we appreciate it, but it was much needed.Especially in a game that pitted two teams trying to fight their way back into the postseason chase.Indy (5-6) was looking for its third straight win despite playing without Andrew Luck (concussion).Pittsburgh, which was 4-1 before four straight losses, wanted to prove that the win over the Browns was not merely an aberration.And while the Colts were playing short-handed, Pittsburghs victory could go a long way in determining whether the Steelers can hold onto or expand their tenuous +-game lead in the AFC North.I think we were just the better team today. We did a good job with scoring points, Brown said. Defense put up some great stops, they had two turnovers on defense. Those are the things that produce a winning outcome.Here are some other things that were learned from Thursdays game:UN-LUCKY COLTSScott Tolzien did a solid job replacing Andrew Luck. Replicating him was next to impossible. While Tolzien finished 22 of 36 with 205 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions, he was stopped twice on third-and-goal situations from the 1 and 2-yard lines and then threw incomplete passes on the ensuing fourth-down plays. Thats really frustrating because thats seven points, 14 points, and thats a big turnaround. You cant win games if you cant score from that short. The Colts are hoping Luck will return Dec. 5 against the New York Jets.TOUGH ENOUGHThe Steelers defense didnt just put up numbers. They came to play. Pittsburgh limited the Colts to 310 total yards and only allowed one runner, Jordan Todman, to rush for more than 30 yards. Todman had 37 yards on three carries, 19 of that on his longest run of the night. Indys top receiver was Donte Moncrief, who had six catches for 45 yards and the longest completion of the night was a 35-yard pass from Pat McAfee to Eric Swoope on a fake punt.BANGED UPThe Colts started the game without Luck or safety Clayton Geathers (concussion) and things got worse all night. Center Ryan Kelly (left shoulder) left on the first series of the game. Right guard Denzelle Good (neck and shoulder) left on the second series. By the time it ended, cornerback Vontae Davis (groin), receiver T.Y. Hilton (bruised lower back) and outside linebacker Robert Mathis (elbow) were all on the sideline.PAINTING TOWN BROWNBrown has been piling up numbers against just about every team in the league. He cant do much better than he has against the Colts. After Thursdays big game, he now has 23 receptions, 342 yards and seven TDs in three career games against the Colts. He is also two yards short of joining Hines Ward as the only receivers in franchise history with four straight 1,000-yard seasons.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Blazers Jerseys . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Cheap Swingman Blazers Jerseys . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. http://www.cheapblazersjerseys.com/ .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. We have a full slate of NBA games on Friday night (10), so that leaves plenty of options for DFS players. Who are must-starts in your lineup, and who should be avoided? Our experts -- Renee Miller, Joe Kaiser, Kyle Soppe and Al Zeidenfeld?-- give their picks.Renee Miller -- Kemba Walker, Charlotte HornetsThere is no shortage of quality point guards tonight, starting, of course, with Russell Westbrook. I think its boring to write up the best player in the league every time he plays, so Im highlighting Walker here. At a significant discount from Westbrook, Walker is quietly the player with the third-highest player-efficiency rating (29.08) and seventh-highest usage rate (29.3). Hes historically a higher upside play at home, and tonight he faces a Hawks backcourt that is giving up the third-most fantasy points to opposing point guards. Whether its as a second PG or G/UTIL, or simply a differentiation from the always-popular Westbrook, Walker could easily be one of the best point-per-dollar plays tonight.Joe Kaiser -- Stephen Curry, Golden State WarriorsBoston vs. Golden State is projected to be the highest-scoring game of the night (225 points), and Curry continues to be appealing this season. While his salary is down, his numbers arent too far off his previous MVP years. Hes still Steph, and hes still capable of catching fire and putting up 40 points any night out. He has played very well against the Celtics his last four games, with a low score of 37 on FanDuel and 45.8 on DraftKings, and I expect him to be in the 45-60 range tonight against Bostons 17th-ranked defense.Kyle Soppe -- Chris Paul, Los Angeles ClippersI find that the point guard position is often what makes the difference in DFS matchups. Sure, you can chase the monster point value, and guys like Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry are more than capable of producing at an otherworldly level tonight (and any other night for that matter), but value is what wins in DFS. Given the money you save on Paul, he is the point guard to build around on this full slate.He takes his league-leading PER into this showdown with the fourth-least efficient defense in basketball, a combination that gives him a very high floor. The assists floor is as high as ever for CP3, and with him currently firing a career-high 4.9 triples per game, not to mention more than five free throws a game for just the second time since joining the Clippers in 2011, his scoring ceiling is higher than youd assume. Have I not mentioned that his 5.2 rebounds and 3.1 steals also represent career highs? There are flashier skill sets to be had at the PG position, but value wins, and Paul is my best option on the board tonight.Al Zeidenfeld?-- Kemba Walker, Charlotte HornetsFew players have taken as large a leap forward in their night-to-night production as Kemba Walker. Most of that improvement can be attributed to his much-improved shooting, and it can certainly be argued that he will be hard-pressed to maintain those rates over the course of the season. Cheap Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys. The conventional wisdom with Walker was that you played him at home and avoided him on the road, and those splits from past years remain in play in the short sample of games so far this season, as he averages 8.2 more DraftKings points at home as a result of improved shooting rates and assist totals. His price continues to be on the rise but is still too low for the average and ceiling he has possessed through the first 10 games.FadeRenee Miller --?DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento KingsI hate putting Cousins in this space because he is no doubt one of the top players in the league. Tonight it comes down to a battle with the Clippers, one of the worst fantasy matchups for opposing big men and the league leaders in defensive efficiency. There are enough guys I want to pay up for -- too many in fact -- to be able to squeeze Cousins in when hes in a bad matchup. While I think Cousins will make a 5X value threshold tonight, its often the case on these big Friday slates that 7-8X is what you need to win, and L.A. wont make that easy.Joe Kaiser -- Tristan Thompson, Cleveland CavaliersI know that opposing centers often have big games against Andre Drummond and the Pistons, but Thompson scores a good portion of his DFS points off of rebounds, and those will be hard to come by against Drummond, who is second in the league with 13.8 rebounds per game. Thompson will have to put the ball through the hoop to reach his salary value on Friday.Kyle Soppe - Dennis Schroder, Atlanta HawksYeah, yeah, yeah, I realize that I was up on my soap box earlier this week telling you that I preferred Schroder for the rest of the way to Jeff Teague and Jrue Holiday. And I stand by that. We are looking at a very good point guard who is going to produce in a big way for fantasy owners. Annual fantasy owners. That doesnt mean he cant struggle from time to time, and I believe this is one of those instances.Listen, PER isnt everything, but Schroder ranks 23rd at the PG position, and that could be a major issue in this game that features two of the four most-efficient defenses in basketball. For daily purposes, I also worry about the floor on the Hawks spark plug, as he has not scored more than 13 points and handed out five assists in four straight games. As a young player taking on a new and extended role, Schroder is going to experience his ups and downs, which makes a matchup with a better than you think Hornets defense less than ideal. His cheap price tag is appealing, but Im paying for Chris Paul and pinching pennies elsewhere (Enes Kanter and Thaddeus Young, if youre curious).Al Zeidenfeld -- Terrance Jones, New Orleans PelicansJones had a fantastic game last time out, but with Davis expected to be back, and his price hike pushing him into a range where well need to see 30-plus fantasy points to be satisfied, Ill be staying away from Jones today. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: